Recently, I spent a whole day soaking up some sun with the family at a fun waterpark. It was a great time! Like many, I like to get my tan on. So, I got outta the water and sat on my towel, I pulled out my latest read, Hunger Games, and I sprawled out for a nice glowing tan - this is the usual procedure.
I noticed a woman come and sat in the water with a ziploc bag and a Kindle! She was reading in the water as I was reading out to the side of the water, trying desperately to keep my fingers dry to turn the pages.
Well this got me thinking: maybe I should get a Kindle! But then my mind made a list, as it normally does when I want to buy something new:
- I like to sneak and read the last page before I get to it (don't judge me - I'm curious).
- I like to be able to judge how much of the book I have left to read by feeling the thickness of one side of it.
- I like knowing which books I read in the summer by looking at those watermarked pages.
- And knowing which books I read in the winter by those coffee rings on the pages.
- I like that noise the pages make as I turn them.
- I won't be able to smell the new pages and old books (yes, books have a smell).
- I like to look at the folded corners and see where I stopped and started last time (I usually re-read my books).
- I like to see all the books I've read on my shelf, like little trophies.