Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dropping science like Galileo dropped an orange:

So, it’s back to school for me, and I freaking love it! I love learning about the anatomy and physiology of the human body! Although I’ve already taken the two advanced classes of this subject, I’m taking it again for the program I’m in... easy-peasy and I am still learning new things every time. I want to share some of this knowledge with you all. Some of it is from my Microbiology class, some from Anatomy & Physiology. Read, learn, and enjoy!

• Our bones break down and build up to contour our lifestyle; they are no more than 10 years old!
Endospores are a type of bacteria that are harder to kill than any other bacteria. Lysol won’t work (think anthrax)!
• Water is NOT organic because it does not contain carbon!
• All cells contain DNA, except red blood cells - they have no nucleus!
• A virus is only alive when it enters a host cell.
• The Human Genome Project was a great idea!

This is just the beginning of what I would like to present to you all. I’ve always felt that knowledge is key, and knowledge is power. Even if you don’t ever use this, it’s good to know these tidbit facts about life and ourselves! Pass the knowledge!

These are from my Microbiology class. I had to run a series of tests to determine which bacteria was what (so much fun!):
I swear I want to be a lab rat in addition to being a nurse! I love science!


micrococcus roseus
an unknown, SIM test
micrococcus roseus

1 comment: